Close

History

The District Gautam Buddh Nagar was formed on 6/9/97 with effect from Govt. order no 1249/97/82/97 by carving out the portions of Ghaziabad and Bulandshahar. District Gautam Buddh Nagar includes Dadri and Bisrakh blocks carved out of gaziabad, while Dankaur and Jewar blocks have been carved out of Bulandshahar District. 18 other villages from Bulandshahar have also been carved out and have been included in Dankaur and Jewar.
However the area occupied by this district has a very glorious past, which has a root in Tretayug (Ramayan Kaal) as  Bisrakh the birthplace of Rawan s father, Viseswa Rishi, lies in this land. In Dwapar Yug (Mahabharat Kaal)- Dankore was the Dronacharya s Ashram, where Kaurav n Pandav took their training in Astra n Shastra. Eklavaya-the disciple of Dronacharya also hails from this place.
People from this land were actively associated with the National Freedom Struggle. Shri Gopi Chand, Shri Ram Nath, Shri Harsharan Singh etc. are a few names. Even Bhagat Singh, Sukh Dev n Rajguru used village  Nalgara – on Noida-Greater Noida Express way to hide during the freedom struggle. They planned bomb attack on assembly from Nalgara.